2 North Moore by Turett Collaborative Architects
The 2 North Moore project is located in New York City, USA and was designed by architectural studio Turett Collaborative Architects.
This project is a new six story structure attached to the renovated historic brick structure, fully integrated internally, each responsive to the scale and character of the block in its own way.
This 11,500 square-foot home has at the second flooor the old and new buildings flow seamlessly into each other internally forming an open-air courtyard, a huge open-plan living, dining and kitchen area and a media room.
The roof of the two-story structure incorporates extensive irrigated roof gardens with structural skylights, flooding the living spaces below with light.
Environmental control systems are fully integrated and discreet; the building envelope incorporates exceptional acoustic and thermal isolation; mechanical systems are designed for energy efficiency and ease of maintenance.
The two-story jewel is painstakingly preserved on the outside, much of it rebuilt from scratch, brick-for-brick and detail-for-detail.
More from my site
- Two-Story Penthouse with Stunning Roof Terraces and Swimming Pool in Tribeca
- Spacious Single Floor Residence With Transparent Glass Walls and a Modern Interior: GENETS 3 by AABE
- Luxury Marble House in Tribeca
- Cascade House by Peter Gluck and Partners
- House in Mooikloof by Nico van der Meulen Architects
- Creative and Carefully Crated Home Extension in Palma de Mallorca by GRAS Arquitectos